There is no denying that the last few months have been challenging, but Mounties Group is pleased to announce that following the reopening of Club venues in early June and more recent Government announcements of reduced restrictions on sport and fitness operations, we can now look ahead.
As with re-engaging our Clubs and staff, the announcement made on 2 June regarding the return of junior sport on 1 July meant the need to undertake significant steps to achieve restart sports.
This included re-engaging our Grounds and Fields team, preparing fields and reviewing the new requirements.
COVID Safe Training Plan
Before any team can begin training, it will be required that each sporting club provide our Sports Administrator with their COVID Management plan which includes:
- All training times and locations
- A register of all participants for each training session including contact details for contact tracing
- This register must be provided to the Sports Administrator within 24 hours of any training session conducted
- Only essential personnel are to attend training (players, team officials, essential volunteers)
- Change rooms are not to be opened
- Soap and hand sanitiser must always be available
- No social activities are to occur once training has concluded
- No more than 10 people to any training session
- No person to person contact
Training for junior sports can now recommence as per the NSW Government's conditions. A maximum of 10 people is allowed and must be training, following social distancing requirements - remaining at least 1.5m from each other.
To meet all requirements, we have appointed a temporary Sports Administrator to assist us in bringing back our sporting and sub-clubs in stages, to ensure the safety of our children and members.
Our plan is as follows:
1 June 2020 – 12 June 2020
Trial of four sporting teams that contain the largest number of players and volunteers, operating in different outdoor conditions.
13 June 2020 – 30 June 2020
All 9-12-year-old sporting teams recommence. .
1 July 2020 – 14 July 2020
All junior sporting teams up to 18 years recommence.
15 July – 30 July 2020
All other sporting teams and sub-clubs recommence.
No semi-professional sports and paid athletes are yet to be approved by the NSW Government to return. However, following the announcement regarding over 18s sport made on 10 June, we are currently working on a plan for this group.
COVID-19 has forced continuous changes and plans will be adjusted as we receive more information from sporting governing bodies and the NSW Government. With each new announcement, time and resources are required to implement those decisions.
We thank our sporting clubs and teams for their patience and understanding and look forward to seeing all our sporting and sub clubs back soon.